Something fabulous happened last night, my dear internets. It was so strange and surreal and well… Here. Read.
I’m at the Bagdad Theatre last night, watching Word to the Wise(men), a festive storytelling event full of scantily clad elves, cupcakes and music. That in and of itself is fabulous, I know. Being at the Bagdad and not running an event is kinda strange for me now, but some friends of mine were represented in this effort in various ways, and I was being a fangirl supportive.
I see a friend of mine walking over with a few other people, so naturally I go over to say hello. Thats what you do in these social situations, acknowledge people you like, right? See I thought so. Anyway, my friend introduces me to the guy with him: “Morgan, this is AGuy. AGuy, this is Morgan.”
AGuy (sorry, can’t remember his name, it takes me a minimum of 7 times before I can remember peoples names, seriously you don’t?) anyway, he says to me as he grips my hand Very Tightly (the same hand I nearly broke on Thanksgiving, ouchouchouch): “Morgan? Like as in morganpdx?” I nod affirmative, slightly bewildered. “Oh man I LOVE reading your blog! You’re so funny and awesome and amazing and I want to have your babies!!”. At least that’s what I think he said. That’s what I heard, anyway. Which means, of course, that I’M INTERNET FAMOUS!!! I’M A FUCKIN ROCK STAR!
Funny, my chauffer hasn’t arrived in my Morgan limo yet. You get one of those when you’re Internet Famous, right? And a personal chef and personal trainer? I expect the checks will start rolling in Any Day Now.
You are totally internet famous! Now we just need to assemble your posse and you can be just like those famous rappers. If I wasn’t old and un-hip, I’d be able to come up with the name of one of those rappers 😉
I spent a full two minutes after I read this wondering whether I was cool enough to hang out with an internet rock star.
I decided that I am, in fact, that cool.
Now I just need someone to teach me about this twitter business.
I’ve never been recognized randomly. NEVER. Ask Cami Kaos.
I am, sadly, not internet famous.
Also, I AM SO JEALOUS!
Haha! Awesome. I always knew you would be famous someday. It’s the hair and the rockstar persona.
Morgan… You are soooo fabulous. At being known and stuff. Not at being a skirt height checker.
Melissa has NOT been recognized. It’s sad and true. Other people have been called Melissa Lion incorrectly. I once made someone go and pretend to recognize her randomly but she caught me. I think it’s because her amazingness just makes people uncomfortable.
Now I can tell people that I had MorganPDX IN MY HOUSE! Sweet. I’m part of the IN CROWD! That rocks.
I’ll post my Melissa Lion story elsewhere.
Melissa, everytime I see you I think to myself “OMG it’s Melissa Lion! I hope she’ll come talk to me, she’s so cool! I wish I was internet famous like her.”
Also I just have to say that all the crap you guys have given me for this blog post has been sincerely appreciated. I know with friends like you around I’ll never be in danger of having an overinflated ego…
Wait, is there something wrong with having an overinflated ego?
I hope not.
I mean, I guess someone as awesome as I am really doesn’t need to worry about things like that, though.
As ‘Aguy’ in question I would like to clarify some things:
1. I would like to apologize for the extra-firm handshake. See my profession is an endless parade of handshakes with some rather large men, that tend to feel the need to prove something(us dudes are great huh?). It’s either, you go in with the firm handshake to begin with or get your hand crushed…..
2. I in no way said I want to be inseminated by the owner of this blog. Now, some heavy petting and awkward goodbyes? Sure, Im game!
3. Internet fame is a bitch! Trust me, people get all up in your grill about every single effing thing you say. I am accosted constantly by my adoring fans everywhere I go. Sometimes I wish I could just live a norm…….what? What’s that you say? Infamous isn’t the same as famous? well, shit…….
But for reals, love the blog and for my first Backfence event, I had one hell of a good time!
Oh hey HI THERE Aguy!
1. No worries. I did really nearly break my hand just a day or two before then, so it was kinda sore. But I’m a big girl and I can hack it!
2. Oh. Well, you know, that’s what I heard. I make no claims that I am living in reality.
3. Famous, infamous…same thing. No such thing as bad press, amiright? 😀
Nice to meet you! Don’t take the name forgetting personal either. I forget nearly everyone’s name the first 4-5 times…