Hello internets. I know, I know, it’s been a while, yes? A good long while. I’ve been pursuing various illegal non-writey-type interests, which of course leaves very little time for this blogging thing.
Or does it?
Actually, what you all may not know is that I actually have been blogging here. LOTS AND LOTS. It’s just all private, and NOT for public consumption.
Not that this post is going to be appropriate for public consumption either. But more in a half naked soccer way, as opposed to a ranty vitriolic way. I don’t know about you, but I’d be way more into some naked blog stories instead of blah blah drama blog stories, right?
Brace yourself, readers. It’s gonna get a little steamy.
When I was a kid, I loved to play soccer. My dad and I would go to the park across the street from our apartment, the crisp autumn air sparkling in the early morning sunshine. I could do all those soccery tricks, bouncing the soccer ball back and forth on my knees to keep warm and ready, and we’d kick the ball around. For a girl who isn’t really on speaking terms with her father, I think fondly on those memories as one of the times I really enjoyed spending time with him.
So. Getting hot yet? Yeah, me too. Ha! No no I kid. Really.
Anyway, shoot forward a few years *cough* and here I am, not having played soccer since I was a kid, and I get this email:
You’re receiving this e-mail because you signed up for the Portland Netrippers e-mail list or have played with our soccer team in the past.As you may or may not know by now, the Netrippers are sending a team of ladies to Festival of the Babes 2009. We’ve registered already, so now– we just need enough Babes to make up a team! That’s where you come in…
What’s Festival of the Babes (FOB)?
It’s an annual soccer tournament for lesbians “and those willing to be mistaken for one”, held up and down the West Coast. This year, it’s in San Francisco on Labor Day Weekend, Sept. 4th-6th. This is the 19th year of the tournament, and generally about 350 lesbians show up to play!… the games are held during the days, and there are excellent parties at night.
So….soccer, new friends, hot girls, and crazy parties. In San Francisco.
SIGN ME THE FUCK UP.
The tournament was last weekend. It was three days of hedonism a very enjoyable time! And since I don’t think I saw any of you there, here are a few things I’d like to share with you, my dear readers, from that experience. I’ll let you live vicariously through me THIS ONE TIME.
- A soccer team of lesbians really can have a great weekend without any Ani Difranco being played.
- Soccer refs who wear giant beer can costumes will give free kicks to players who can fall and not spill their beer.
- At this particular kind of soccer tournament, you need to watch out for marauding gangs of hot soccer babes who will tackle you and pour alcohol down your throat, do nasty sexual acts upon your person, or both. While you’re playing.
- If you walk around San Francisco with a banner made of twine and lacy panties, and you and your teammate are each wearing one of the banner-ed lacy panties, thereby in essence attaching yourself to your teammate, no one will bat an eye or think that is strange in any way.
- Nor will the liquor shop employee question your drunk ass when you flash a half-full flask of Jameson tucked into your bra and say “Gimme another one of these.”
- Just because a girl is hot, doesn’t mean she’s a good kisser.
- But don’t let that stop you from making out with her a good long time anyway.
- Beer helps you play longer, because it makes all those nagging aches and pains and sore muscles go away. Also, more serious injuries.
- Not every gay female soccer team is hot. Only most of them. Especially if they have a team name like GI Janes.
- Canadian women are crazy, friendly, and hot, and love giving away stuff. They also love dressing up as lumberjacks. And running around topless.
- You really can party until 2am and then make it to a soccer game at 9am across town the next morning. Your soccer skills may suffer, but hey, everyone else was at the party too.
- It’s very easy to become accustomed to either randomly grabbing or being grabbed by women in public and have mutual sexual molestation commence.
- It’s also very hard to readjust to ‘normal’ life where that behavior might be frowned upon.
- The liver is an amazingly hardy organ, and can withstand immense amounts of abuse.
- If you’re not having fun, you’re #doingitwrong.
So I return home with new friends, great memories, a well-boosted ego, sore muscles, a hangover to kill all hangovers, a sunburn (How in the heck *do* you get sunburned when it’s misting and cloudy half the day and you’re wearing sunscreen, anyway?), tons of missed sleep, and no regrets.
And that, my friends, is one awesome weekend.
Sounds like a fantabulous time! 🙂
In regards to #’s 1, 6, 7 and 15… amen.
As for #4, why am I never anyplace where this is appropriate?
In answer to my question above… oh, right. Because I’m always working. Gotta do something about that.
In regards to all of this:
You’re hilarious. I heart your blogs.
Ellie – Perhaps you should go to San Francisco. Apparently that is appropriate on a Sunday afternoon. Early afternoon.
I heart that you heart my blog 😉